At PNM Resources, our benefits are competitive, designed to meet the varied wants and needs of our employees and cultivate a work environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
Most benefits are effective the first of the month after date of hire.
Below are some benefits that may be available, depending on the position being filled.
- Credit union
- Dental plan
- Educational assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Holidays and other time off
- Life and accident insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical plan
- Retirement benefits
- Stock options
- Vacation and sick leave
- Vision plan
- Wellness program
The descriptions of PNM Resources' and its subsidiaries' benefits presented here summarize the highlights of the plans. If any statement here, or in any other communication, conflicts with applicable plan documents, the documents will govern. PNM Resources and its subsidiaries reserve the right to amend or terminate any of its employee benefit plans at any time and without notice.
Work Force Diversity
PNM Resources values the diversity of its work force and actively seeks opportunities to incorporate diversity within its family of companies.
We believe a diverse work force enriches our environment and helps us better meet the needs of our customers, employees and shareholders.
PNM Resources and its subsidiaries employ about 2,200 people in New Mexico and Texas. The region's diversity is reflected in our work force.
- Minorities comprise about 42 percent of our work force.
- Two Hispanics and two women serve as officers.
- Four women and two Hispanics serve on the Board of Directors.
- Hispanic Business Magazine's list of top 60 employers for Hispanics in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Awarded Pro Patria award by the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve in 2006.
- Recognized as Veteran Friendly Employer by the President's National Hire Veterans Committee in 2005.
- Honored for seven consecutive years as the best company in America for employing Hispanics and ranked among the best for minorities by Fortune magazine.
- Recognized by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association in 2004 with Employer of Choice Award for its efforts to promote diversity in the legal profession.
- One of six companies nationwide in 2000 to earn the highest ranking from the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility.
Educational Assistance Program
PNM Resources supports and encourages career development and continuing education through the Educational Assistance Program. Improving knowledge and bringing additional skills to our workplaces through education allows opportunities for employee growth and self-actualization and strengthens our entire work force.
Full-time employees pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from a nationally accredited institution are eligible to receive up to $5,250 per calendar year for tuition, books and some fees.
The company also assists full-time employees with tuition, books and some fees for non-degree related courses, including certifications, licenses and audited classes.