Welcome to the PNM Resources’ Sustainability Portal.
At PNM Resources, our Vision and our Values create a compass which guides our company and our employees:
- Vision: Create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders.
- Values: Safety for ourselves, our co-workers, our customers and our communities depends on every employee, every day; Caring about the welfare of others is a company tradition. It fosters a positive workplace, a focus on customers and dedicated community service; Personal integrity and honest communication guide our dealings and keep us accountable to our stakeholders and to each other.
We work diligently every day to do business in an ethical, open and transparent manner, and this portal is an extension of that commitment. Here you can access the key sustainability information related to the operations of PNM Resources’ utilities- PNM in New Mexico and TNMP in Texas. The information is compiled under four main headings: Environment, Social, Economic, and Governance.
At PNM Resources, the term “sustainability” encompasses a broad range of important actions. It starts with our responsibility to deliver safe, reliable, affordable and environmentally responsible energy to our customers, and extends to areas that include:
- Economic development- supporting job growth, workforce training and efforts to retain and recruit business to New Mexico
- Improving the quality of life- partnering with community nonprofit organizations that support economic vitality and provide a hand-up to the less fortunate. Encouraging the spirit of volunteerism among employees, and providing financial contributions targeted to create meaningful change
- Conservation and resource protection- going beyond increasing cleaner energy resources to include wildlife protection, conserving precious water resources and maintaining our infrastructure in ways that minimize the impact on the environment
- Corporate governance- demonstrating
strong leadership, setting high expectations and insisting on accountability
for ourselves and our business operations
- Efficiency- operating our businesses in ways that effectively serve our customers while minimizing costs
We are proud of our company and proud of the positive difference we make in the communities that we serve. Through the hard work and dedication of our employees, we have achieved strong results, although we know there is still much to do. We will continue to strive to improve, and to support the communities we serve across New Mexico and Texas.
Chairman, President and CEO
PNM Resources, Inc.
PNM Resources Inc. is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are committed to strengthening the communities we serve by helping others and making a difference in the lives of our customers. Our employees live, work and raise their families in these communities and we are proud to give back through investments that include grants, charitable contributions and employee volunteer time focused on supporting education, economic development and the environment.
We serve electricity to more than 761,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas through our regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP. In 2015 consolidated operating revenues totaled $1.4 billion. TNMP is a transmission and distribution company located in Texas. PNM is a vertically integrated electric utility in New Mexico with generation, transmission and distribution services. PNM’s generation capacity of more than 2,787 megawatts reflects a balanced mix of coal, natural gas, nuclear, wind, solar and geothermal generation.
PNM Resources is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker PNM.
For more information, see Our Businesses, Power for Progress, as well as our Annual Reports on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q that have been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.